Thursday, January 15, 2009

day 15


This is my good friend, Arijana and her terrific husband, Naeem. They were my neighbors when I was renting a place in Lemon Grove (before I moved into my current home a few months ago.) It's funny how you can live next door to people for months and months but never make them a part of your life. We're all busy, I guess, but it took a scary event to really bring us together.

I stood in my pajamas late one night, knocking on their door after someone broke in through my bedroom window. They took me in, hugged me and helped me feel safe. Before that night, we hadn't had more than a few brief, polite conversations but instantly - we became friends. I am so grateful to them for being there that night and I've come to regard Arijana as a close friend since then. I feel so lucky to have her in my life.

What a great example of the good that can come from misfortune.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So here I am to check your blog once again and what do I find??!! Geee!! :)

WE LOVE YOU TOO!!! :)

Erin Gannon said...

I know this is all supposed to be about photos but who says I can't use it to gush a little about the people I love too! :)

Post a Comment