Thursday, May 28, 2009

day 148



We took a field trip today to the San Diego Zoo. To keep the kids engaged, I decided to try a photo scavenger hunt. The kids see me taking photos all the time so they were really excited about the opportunity to do some photography of their own. I'm so glad that their parents allowed them to bring in their cameras because they had a lot of fun with the challenge!

Together, we created a list of animals to look for: a reptile, one that is born in an egg, striped, etc. and then bonus photos that included photographing yourself acting like an animal - in front of the animal you are pretending to be. When we returned to school, we uploaded the photos and the kids talked about what they saw, earning points for each of the items on the list that they had found.

It was so great for me to see them having fun with something that I am really passionate about. I hope that this experience will create some new little photographers. I will absolutely work on more opportunities for my students to work with cameras in the future. I'll be putting together a set of their best photos and will link them here once I have it ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment