Monday, May 25, 2009

day 145


Today is Memorial Day and this is one of those days that I am especially proud to be a Navy brat. On the news this morning, they did a number of stories about military families, some of the men and women who have been lost and those who continue to serve overseas. It's hard for me to watch any of that without getting choked up. My dad was always so proud to serve and I will forever see him as a hero, like I did when I was little. It's tough to be a part of a military family especially when you have to spend so much time apart. I am grateful that Dad always returned home safely and know that we were very fortunate because of that.

I had dinner with Dan in Coronado tonight. Orange Avenue was lined with American flags in honor of the holiday so the photo above shows one of the flags I saw. The second photo was the view from the patio of the restaurant where we ate. It was a beautiful evening - though a bit cold. Hanging out there this evening really made me miss living near the ocean. It was a nice, relaxing end to the long weekend. Thank you so much Dan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment