Thursday, August 20, 2009

day 232


I met Jim Dieckmann during my credential program (housed at my former school, Clear View.) I was immediately intimidated by him and when I was assigned to work in his classroom on Fridays for the school's "Families" program, I was terrified. I was completely in awe of his abilities as an educator.
Over the years, I have had the opportunity to work with Jim as a colleague and continue to be awed by his ideas and knowledge. I feel so fortunate to have worked with him at Clear View as well as in the writing of the charter for LdV. He is one of the teachers I have been greatly influenced by over the years and I value his opinion very much.
In addition to being a great mentor, he has also been a great friend to Jody and I - looking out for us over and over again, on both professional matters as well as personal ones. I already really miss working with him and seeing him regularly. Tonight, I attended his retirement party and I must say, I was totally, completely honored to have been invited to join in this special night with him.
Jim - you have influenced me so much as an educator and I am so grateful that we have had this time to work together. Thank you so much for all of the care and support you have offered me over the years. I love you Mr. D! :)

This is Jim with his wife, Susie and sons Garrett and Max. See the other photos here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment