Friday, June 26, 2009

day 177


I went to the Del Mar Fair with Arijana and Dan today for the San Diego International Beer Festival.

We got there a few hours before the Festival started so we walked around the fair for a bit, checking out the animals, sampling the fried foods and looking at some of the exhibits. I was a bit disappointed that there was only one little piglet in the barns but I did get to scratch his belly so that made up for it. :)

At the Festival, they had over 300 different beers and we received a small glass at check-in so that we could get a 1-ounce sample of as many of them as we wanted. Lots of the servers gave a very generous pour so I don't think we tried even a third of them. They had beer on tap, in bottles of all types, beer that's made like wine and champagne and even home brewed beer in a big huge jug. We tried all kinds of flavors and I was actually pretty surprised that I liked so many of them. Arijana and I liked the raspberry and cherry beers the best. See more photos of the day here.

Thank you for the great idea Dan! I can't wait to do it all over again next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment