Monday, February 2, 2009

day 33


I attended a meeting tonight for 'Off the Vine San Diego' so that I could meet some of the board members. I'll be taking photos at their events, beginning with the kick off on February 18th at Wine Steals in Point Loma.

Tonight we met at a place in North Park that I had never been to called Splash Wine Lounge. The have an interesting concept that Carlisa likes to call vending machine wine. You buy a rechargeable card and use it to purchase wine by the ounce. Bottles are set up all over the place, connected to machines - just slide in your card and press the red button for the wine you'd like to try. The lighting was so low that it was tough to get a steady shot (still haven't found that tripod!) but you get the idea. The whites are housed in a cooler, behind glass, against the wall but the reds are in the center of the room in round stations. I tried a Malbec from Argentina and another red from Spain that I can't recall. Both were terrific and I enjoyed being able to have a sample of the milk before buying the whole cow.

Jody, I'm taking you there one of these nights we hit up Urban Solace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment